OpenGov/Open Data Resources
- Sunlight Foundation - A nonprofit organization based in Washington DC with the purpose of promoting transparency in government utilizing the Internet and technology.
- Open Data Principles - A document created by the Sunlight Foundation highlighting open data principles.
- OpenCongress.org - A project of the Participatory Politics Foundation that tracks the legislative process at the Federal level.
- GovTrack.us - A project of Civic Impulse, LLC that follows the activities of Congress.
- OpenStates - A project of the Sunlight Foundation to gather legislative data from all 50 states.
- Open Data is Civic Capital: Best Practices for "Open Government Data" by Joshua Tauberer - An article about open government data
TransparencyCamp - A yearly unconference conducted by Sunlight Foundation open government activists, developers, journalists, and government officials from around the world gather to share their knowledge about how to make government more transparent.
Open Government Data by Joshua Tauberer - A book about the open government data movement in the United States.